Responsible investing is both a strategy and a best practice for EnCap Investments’ active engagement in the growth and continuous improvement of each of its portfolio companies, driving value through a focus on ESG principles. The firm’s ESG policy statement is located here. EnCap Energy Transition takes specific steps to help our portfolio companies establish an environment that promotes the objectives set out in this policy.
- EnCap-wide top-down compliance enforcement including COVID safety protocols, distribution of employee handbooks and compliance manuals, staff certifications and training;
- Each portfolio company provides its board with a quarterly update on ESG performance and objectives;
- Each portfolio company’s ESG performance is reviewed for year-over-year improvements against certain metrics;
- EnCap-wide participation in annual UN PRI reporting using the framework established by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB);
- Our portfolio companies participate in local community volunteer programs in the areas where they work and, when practicable, in EnCap-managed employee engagement programs.
Here are just a few examples of our commitment to ESG at the portfolio company level.
EnCap Energy Transition portfolio companies are in the renewable energy business and as they mature are asked to track their carbon footprint. We are focused on deploying capital to meet appropriate risk-return objectives while making the world a better place to live.
As an example, take a moment to watch this video from Catalyze.
EnCap portfolio companies are required to maintain office and jobsite safety standards.
We strive for diversity and inclusion and track D&I metrics across the portfolio. Diversity considerations are integrated into our hiring process.
Watch Triple Oak Power’s video on diversity.
All EnCap Energy Transition portfolio companies consider cybersecurity in their electricity grid infrastructure investments. For our larger investments connecting at the transmission level (>69kV), we are committed to meet or exceed the letter and spirit of U.S. President’s Executive Order 13920 "Securing the United States Bulk-Power System” (updated February 2021).
50% of EnCap Energy Transition’s representation on each portfolio company board of directors are women.
We adhere to the EnCap-wide mandate that all portfolio companies implement sustainable procurement initiatives, including ensuring supplier practices with respect to certain environmental, legal and ethical community tenets of corporate conduct like child labor, conflicts of interest, anti-corruption and anti-bribery practices.