Risk management has always been at the core of what we do. EnCap controls the boards of virtually all of our portfolio companies. When we evaluate a management team, we look for professionals who have proven track records, extensive operational backgrounds and deep expertise in incorporating environmental, regulatory and health and safety concerns into their business decisions. While we are in frequent dialogue with our portfolio companies, we require them to report and discuss significant ESG matters at board meetings.
EnCap and our employees have a long philanthropic history. We consider this an important part of our ESG efforts and are committed to making a meaningful impact in our communities.
As we look ahead, we are excited about the opportunity set for energy investments. Billions of people around the world do not have access to affordable energy. We expect the demand for energy to continue to grow and improve the quality of life for people around the globe. The challenge we face as an industry is to meet this demand while reducing overall emissions. EnCap is committed to staying informed of ESG standards as they evolve and striving to deliver best in class financial and ESG performance.
EnCap's ESG Principles
- Promote the importance to our operators of being responsible stewards of air, land, and water
- Encourage our Upstream companies to monitor and reduce emissions
- Invest in a cleaner energy future via our Energy Transition companies
- Prioritize the use of innovative technologies and practices to improve our environmental performance where feasible
- Take pride in attracting talented employees and provide them an environment to grow and succeed
- Foster an inclusive and respectful work environment
- Strive for best practices regarding health and safety in our company operations
- Partner with communities by providing jobs and engaging with local stakeholders
- Support philanthropic organizations we are passionate about
- Committed to conducting our business with integrity, honesty, and transparency
- Risk management is core to our investing process – EnCap controls the board of virtually all of our companies
- Review ESG matters at quarterly board meetings
- Collect standardized ESG metrics from our portfolio companies to direct areas of focus and assess improvement